|The Counselor Assist is responsible for providing intake and support services to the Newsed CDC Housing Counseling efforts. The position will handle initial phone calls and assist Housing Counseling Program Manager and Housing counselors with customers who are looking for first time home buyer counseling, Home buyer workshops and foreclosure Prevention Counseling. The Counselor Assistant is expected to maintain confidential customer files and customer information and adhere to policies and procedures for confidentiality.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
The Intake Specialist will:
- Provide direct customer services including sending out the initial intake and client’s forms, scheduling client’s appointments, returning client’s call and triaging clients to the appropriate Housing Counselor,
- Conduct research and client’s data collection
- Provide administrative and clerical support to the program Manager and to the Housing Counselors,
- Coordinate NEWSED’s Lending Circle program which includes, but is not limited to gathering documents from clients, following up with application and setting up for the final meeting.
· Coordinate 30 minutes follow up for online homebuyer class in English and Spanish,
· Coordinate first time homebuyer class in English and Spanish
Core duties will include, but are not limited to,
- Filing Client’s information and documents according to each grant
- Gather and organize client’s pre-workout paperwork
- Make referral to appropriate housing counseling agency or set appointment directly with Housing Counselor per protocol
Instructions of the group and online homeownership workshops:
· Attentive to current educational materials
· Assist in the Developing of curriculum and class schedules to provide training to participants
· Coordinate class size and subjects compatible with participants needs i.e. age appropriate, subject relevance, language, especial needs.
· Coordinate sites deliver training sessions.
· Develop participant award/certificate for completion of courses.
· Follow up with the appropriate counseling agency
· Follow up with customers after the workout agreement to track outcomes
· Maintain updated databases, spreadsheets, and lists for various customer categories, referrals, and data collection
· Outreach (mailings and phone calls) to identified prospective clients
· Send follow up letters to current client’s and track them in Management System
- Work as part of an interagency team in strategic and case triage meetings
- Assist in the development and maintenance of tracking systems to insure the accurate documentation of counseling activities.
· Complies with organizational policies, including contract policies and procedures
· Assist with other agency related projects as needed.
· Use professional standard of privacy and confidentiality while document customer information.
Other Duties as Assigned
· These may vary and will be assigned, as needed by the Housing Counseling Program Manager.
· Accurate and timely response to customer inquiries.
· Demonstrates ability to function independently and make independent and sound judgments
Special Knowledge and Skills
1. Experience in lending or real estate coupled with experience in mortgage banking preferred
2. Proficiency in MS Office Suite software, with strong Microsoft Excel or Access skills and ability to extract and, run reports from internal databases
3. Ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple work activities in a fast-paced team environment and meet critical deadlines.
4. Coordinate group homeownership education, foreclosure prevention sessions and post-mortgage counseling sessions for clients as needed.
5. Excellent filing and organizational skills demonstrated across a range of administrative processes and procedures.
6. Ability to design and maintain effective record keeping systems.
7. Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of client information.
8. Ability to support the production and distribution of complex grant and financial monitoring reports.
9. Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
10. Must possess strong communication skills.
11. Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred
12. Must be dependable, dedicated and flexible in regard to working some evenings and/or weekend hours.
- High school or equivalent
**No phone calls- all applicants must send a resume and cover letter via email to Mercedes Fuentes; email@example.com