NEWSED’s counseling and educational services are provided to first-time homebuyers through one-on-one counseling and workshops. The goal is to help individuals develop a plan to become eligible for ownership. All of NEWSED’s client based services are free with the exception of a small copy fee. NEWSED counselors will work with a client for as long as counseling is needed so that they are eligible to receive a home loan. At the completion of the program clients are fully aware and educated in areas of credit stability, home maintenance budgeting, equity building, emergency repair programs, the lending process, mortgage options dos and don’ts, refinancing, home energy efficiency, how to work with a real estate agent and they are offered post counseling services.
Since the beginning of NEWSED’s home buyer counseling program over a thousand clients have been successfully transitioned into homeownership. Only 1% of these homeowners have fallen into foreclosure proving that pre purchase counseling and education works!
If you are interested in receiving homebuyer counseling please contact a counselor and make an appointment at 303-534-8342 x 100 or ext. 109. Please download the attached documents and bring them with you on your first appointment.
According to MSNBC.com and Bloomberg over one million homes nationwide were foreclosed in 2010. This equals one in 45 families losing their homes nationally and one in 40 families in Colorado. As of May 2011, 28 percent of homeowners owe more on their mortgages than what their homes are worth; six percent greater than 2010. This issue is partially due to slumping home prices and to families becoming too financially extended.
NEWSED provides foreclosure prevention counseling to those facing this financial crisis. Services include an analysis of the homeowner’s current financial situation and investigation into solutions. Our highly trained and experienced counselors have worked with hundreds of clients.
If you are interested in receiving foreclosure counseling please contact a counselor and make an appointment at 303-534-8342 x 100 or ext. 109. Please download the attached documents and bring them with you on your first appointment.
HOMEBUYER WORKSHOPS & ONLINE EDUCATION
NEWSED’s homebuyer workshops are designed to help you navigate the path to homeownership for free! Register for the Homebuyer workshop and learn about the following topics:
- Is homeownership right for me
- What is the true cost of homeownership
- A review of the homebuyer process
- Who are the key players what is their roles in the home buying process
- Spending plan, credit, pre-qualification, choosing a loan and lender
- Characteristics of subprime loan and predatory lending, loan processing, loan closing etc…
*** WORKSHOP LOCATIONS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE ***
Want to sign up for an upcoming class? Click here!
NEWSED CDC Online Education
- Learn anywhere on your own schedule – the course is designed to take 8 hours to complete
- Covers what steps to take, what questions to ask, what pitfalls to avoid
- Developed by a HUD certified nonprofit agency
- Meets CHFA requirements after completion
- Low cost: $99 for borrowers and $50 for co-borrowers
- A 30 minute follow up session is required after completion, please note that scheduling a 30 minutes follow up appointment may take from 2 to 3 business days after completion for your online course
For more information please contact Mercedes Fuentes at 303-534-8342 x 124 or firstname.lastname@example.org
TAKE THE ONLINE CLASS NOW! Follow the steps below
Step 1 – Register
Step 2 – Make a $99 payment with credit card, $50 for co-borrowers with an access code
Step 3 – Take and complete the online class
Step 4 – Contact Yarissa Ley-Ramos at 303-534-8342 x 109 or email@example.com to set up a follow up session via phone or one-on-one
Step 5 – Fill out a NEWSED intake form prior to your appointment with Mercedes
Online Intake Forms (PDF): English
Step 6 – Get your certificate!